Saturday, March 30, 2013

Amazing Grace


On Good Friday I was sitting reflecting on the lyrics of Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace, my chains are gone" and I felt prompted to rewrite the lyrics to reflect my own language and journey.

So I thought I would share with you on this beautiful Easter weekend, as we reflect on who Jesus is and what he did so that we might live a full an abundant life in His name, for His glory. Tomorrow as we celebrate Jesus resurrection my prayer is that you too will come to know the amazing power Christ has through his death, and this power is available for all our lives. Want to know more, feel free to contact me!

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a sinner like me.
I once was walking along making decisions for myself thinking I knew best for me,
But now I walk being aware of, and guided by your Holy presence active in my life.
I once didn’t think I had any other options,
But now I see that your ways are so much better than I could of ever dreamt of.
It was your Grace that captured me and made everything in me respect you
 and want to live all my days for you,
It is your Grace that calms my anxiety of the future knowing that you are in control, 
all I must do is trust.
The moment I gave up fighting and begun believing, is when life suddenly begun to make sense and I had hope for my future.

The things that hold me back have been released in your precious name.  
Lord continue to work in my life revealing things that still hold me back.
I’m able to live life to my fullest potential realising all my ability and skills come from you.
My God, My Saviour, you have worn the abuse for my stupid and prideful ways.

Like a flood, your love, kindness and forgiveness just overwhelm me.

It will never run out, you never give up on me, Amazing Grace!

No comments: