Sunday, August 1, 2010

What is my purpose?

I love how songs can speak right into your feelings at that very moment in time... This week I have had a cd in my car that Dan put in there, and I have had #6 on repeat most of the time, it has spoken to me each morning I drive to work, it has gotten me through a pretty down week in my life, it has had just the right words to fit how I am feeling in life.
Give me wings, Give me peace. These are the things that I need. I'm tormented, broken and shamed Are you listening? Give me shelter from the storm, I know it's a lot to ask for, Considering how recent I've piled the dirt on your name. Are you listening? Are you listening? I have heard that winter's cold will give way to summer's warmth Oh no! Like salt in the snow I'm melted and left all alone on the side of the road. In this where I am for your sake, Stuck between sleep and awake? My mind is dreaming of things. Are you listening? I took you for granted again And threw you aside And pretended for one minute that I had control of my life, And direction it seemed to be in I was wrong again, are you listening? I will wait for you to come again, And I can't pretend like I'm confident And I can't pretend like it makes much sense when it doesn't.
Lately I have been questioning what am I doing? What is my purpose?! I have these creative talents but right now I don't feel like I am using them to their full potential. There is many things I would love to do - my mind is dreaming of things - but when it comes down to it, I know that there is something so much better for me to be doing.
Jeremiah 29 v11 - I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (The Message)
My mums favourite Bible verse. I love it, and I deep down believe it, as much as sometimes I doubt it, I want to run my way, do what I want, it says it all right there - God will take care of me, my future will be what I hope for. I believe that my future will be what I hope for and so much more if I follow Jesus and abandon life to my desires, if I follow Him it will all fall into place and I will be truly happy.

No comments: