Saturday, January 28, 2012

2 corinthians 3:18

7am yesterday morning Emery was wide awake and wanting to play when all I wanted to do was continue sleeping. I noticed a crack in the curtain where the sun was shining and thought to myself that if I opened them it would help me wake up. I pulled back the curtains and was greeted with the most beautiful morning, the sun was sitting just above the hills and the colours that it was throwing off were amazing! Combine that with the shadows of the hills and I was instantly awake searching for my phone to take a picture!  In morning prayers that followed I was taken back to this setting when I heard the phrase "his face shines upon us like the sun". This really came to life for me and I was taken back to pulling my curtains back, being struck by the brightness of the morning sun on my weary eyes, the glow that it radiated and the energy it gave me from seeing this. It really got me thinking about how Jesus is being reflected onto my life and how I am feeling from this. 






To be honest this morning I made some relisations in my life that I need to let go and allow God to shine into my life and impact it the way that His glorious sun rise impacted my morning. 






He gives energy and boldness when all I want to do is resort to my comfort zone.



He gives freedom but yet I am still so conscious about what others think. 



He has made me uniquely but still I think I can't stand out from the crowd.



He has called me to live this life but I still just go with the flow because it's easy.






2 Corinthians 3 verse 18 says: "All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him" (The Message)





My prayer is that I will become more and more like Jesus, as He works in my life as I continue to seek Him and allow him to show me His ways and that I may radiate the brightness of Him just as the sun radiated onto me yesterday morning.
taken from my 5th floor window, love the view

No comments: