Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Uplifting words brighten a glum day

Today was a rush day....got out of bed at 8.15am, quickly washed my hair, grabbed some breakie and wella! I'm at work by 8.50am. Now it does only take me 10mins to get work, 5 on a good run, but today was so rushed...my hair feels like a mess (not straightened), I've done a quick little quiff, pulled on some clothes, feel blah because I'm soooo cold, oh did I mention that I work in a tin shed?! well not exactly but it's as cold as!
The good news is though when one of my staff members got to work, she told me I was glowing! I laughed, told her of my crazy morning and she still said I was glowing...
I did have a pretty good weekend, a long one at that (Saturday and Monday off), spent alot of time with my hubby, visited Ikea, got heaps done around the house and lots done in the creative department, so maybe just a purely happy weekend has caused me to glow.
Or maybe my glow is from starting to exercise again, I did Zumba for the first time Saturday morning and went again last night, definatly recommend it!
So I could try justify my 'glow' as much as I like, but it got me thinking about how words can uplift people. They can also tear a person down. On a day where I felt like I was having a pretty average morning, someone's kind words lifted my spirits, and the rest of it looked much brighter. We are often so quick to speak, and very slow to listen...I encourage you to take the time to listen to people, what they are really saying, not just what you want to hear. If you notice something positive about them, tell them, it might be just what they need to hear right at that moment to brighten a glum day.

No comments: