Monday, June 14, 2010

Rest

I've been thinking alot lately about rest... In a society where we are always on the go, how do we find time to stop and take time for ourselves? To do the things that truly make us happy, not just filling our days with the everyday stuff that as to be done...work, housework, cooking, washing, etc. For me, I find it hard to stop, because there is always something that seems to need doing, from small things to bigger things. I feel I don't have time to stop or it will all pile up. Why do I feel so guilty about taking time for me? Did you know when God created the universe, he did it in 6 days and then rested on the 7th...read about it here. Some religions take this very seriously, the Sabbath is a sacred day where no chores are done, no cooking, no housework, nothing! I honestly don't know how I would go with this..
How would this work with life being so busy? Do I make life busy? What areas can I adjust in life so I'm not so busy?
For me my Sundays are normally pretty restful and I say normally because there is the occasion that they are just as crazy as a weekday. A normal Sunday I'll have a sleep in, do some washing, some creating, time with hubby and then off to Church at night. I don't think I could do nothing all day, but it would be nice to have a day that I don't feel guilty for sitting and reading a book, spending all day creating and not even think about housework. For now it's learning to say no, putting 'me' time in my diary and sticking with it! My stress levels need to go down drastically, so changes needs to be put in place.

1 comment:

manda said...

It's good to seeya back on here!!!! Some very interesting thoughts :) definitely need to take time for yourself!!!