Friday, December 18, 2009

Just a thought...

I was recently talking to a friend who told me about her friends past, I too know of this friend and was absolutly shocked to hear what I was hearing, I honestly was nearly in tears.
My only response was to stand there open mouth, wide eyed as I took this story in. Then when words came to me, all I could say was "wow, we all have a journey which makes us who we are today!"
It got me thinking of how often we judge people before we even know them! We judge on looks, personality, social status, we judge on everything!!! Without sounding all preachy at you, theres a verse in the Bible (1 Samuel 16:7) which says: "For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."
How often do we get to know a person before we wipe them out because of something physical?! How often do we actually get to know a person for who they are?
How often do we hear someone's life story and all clicks into place?!
The thing I love about the life of Jesus, is that he hung out with the people everyone else wiped out, he hung out with prostitutes, homeless, poor, he cared for them as people! He loved!
We all have a story, we all have had different things in our lives happen that we would take away in a second! But these things make us who we are today as a person. We learn from them.
I encourage you to take the time to actually have a conversation with someone to get to know them before you wipe them out of your life, social group, Church, etc.

No comments: