Thursday, December 17, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun...

I meet with a group of girls from my Church on a fortnightly basis, it's a "small group" where we discuss life, struggles, our faith and support eachother. There is 12 of us who meet, so sometimes not all 12 are there cos we are busy women, but its is awesome when we do all come together!
Last night was our last group for the year last night, and we all had our part to do, I got table decorations :) but all together we had an awesome meal, with beautiful people and lots of laughs!!
It got me thinking though. Throughout life I've often had lots of friends, like at school I was part of a big group, in my younger days I had lots of people I would call my friends, but when it came down to the nitty gritty, most of them weren't really there for me. I say most, but as I write this I can think of a few individuals who I would call true friends and who I still keep in contact with!
Last night it dawned on me that I finally have what I want in a friendship group, people who love and accept me for who I am, what I do and what I believe. A group of people where I can go and be myself, daggy, ditzy and all that comes with it!These girls have been to a different level with me, seen me struggle, seen me achieve and been there the whole way.
Friendship isn't about how many we can have but about the depth that each one holds!
..me & my sisters on my hens night..

No comments: