Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Change is about ME!

Recently I was at a concert and on the ground I kept seeing wrist bands with the words "change is about me". I wanted to pick one up to see if there was more to it, but I also didn't want to look weird in doing so, so I didn't. But since then a guy at our Church who also saw them and did pick one up (although his was on his seat) has been wearing his and it has got me thinking...
We all want things in life, we all complain about things in life, but change is about us, about me! If I want something in life, what steps do I need to take to get it? Small steps? Big steps? So since turning 25 (such a ground breaking birthday!!) I have decided change is about me, and if I want something in life, what steps will I take to get it? If I'm not happy with something, what steps will I take to change it? I believe that God has a plan for each of us, my dreams are nothing compared to what He wants for me life. But I have to be prepared to sacrifice things, change things in life and also sometimes to just step out and believe that He is in control and I am not. To some of you this may seem totally odd, but for me to explain it simply, my life since following Jesus, has become that of purpose, that I don't just go to work everyday to make money, but I go to talk to people, to show love to those around me. I want to see change in this world, I want to show love instead of hate & kindness instead of anger, the list could go on and on. Jesus went out to people that society wiped out, the poor, the sick, the prostitutes, the unloved and He showed them LOVE. For me to sum up following Jesus and being a Christian in one word it would be LOVE!

No comments: