Monday, July 13, 2009

Memories last forever!

My nanna is 81 years old, shes had a good life and well sometimes sadly we don't know how much longer she will be with us...but over my 24years she has taught me many things..she taught me to knit when I was 8, I used to draw with her all the time, and now at age 24 I asked her to teach me to crochet.. It was a challenging experience...to start with her mind is slightly going, but only short term...so she had it, but was going so fast I just couldn't get it, she couldn't slow down to show me the basics, so I tried to grasp as much as I could...before setting off on m own to crochet! hhmmm...well it was kinda working but it didn't look to good. So i left it to later and got my beautiful mum to show me it again, this time I got it and haven't been able to stop since! I have sooo much wool Ive just been crochetting squares. I don't know what ill do with it, maybe a blanket. But the most important thing for me is....once my nanna has passed on, Ill have so many fond memories of her and have learnt so much from her, that I can continue to pass down the line...

No comments: